Hokuriku Arch Rail Pass provides unlimited travel on the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Tokyo and Osaka, through the Hokuriku Regions which is the road less travelled.
The pass is ideal for travellers who wish to visit Tokyo, Osaka, and want to enjoy an alternative from a more populous route, and enjoy the Japanese landscapes of the Hokuriku countrysides.
A regional rail pass user must be holding a passport issued by a foreign government.
- ･ Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass is valid for unlimited travel in the valid area on the map
- ･ Valid trains are below;
- - Non-reserved seats on Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Okayama)
- - Non-reserved seats on Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Kanazawa⇔Joetsu-Myoko)
- - Non-reserved seats on Express Trains 'HARUKA, THUNDERBIRD, KUROSHIO, KOUNOTORI, SUPER HAKUTO (Kyoto⇔Kamigori) etc.'
* A separate fare is required for traveling on SUPER HAKUTO (Kamigori⇔Tottori) and SUPER INABA (Kamigori⇔Tottori)
- - Special Rapid Services, Rapid Services, and Local trains on JR-WEST Conventional lines
- * These trains below CANNOT be used
- - Bullet Train "HOKURIKU SHINKANSEN" (Joetsu-Myoko⇔Tokyo)
- - Bullet Train "TOKAIDO SHINKANSEN" (Shin-Osaka⇔Tokyo)
- - Bullet Train "SANYO SHINKANSEN" (Okayama⇔Hakata)
- - Not valid for the IR Ishikawa Railway or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway.
- * As a special exception, the pass can be used for the Himi, Johana, or Nanao lines only if the pass-holder does not alight from the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata) or the Ainokaze Toyama Railway (Takaoka⇔Toyama).
Limited express trains can be used on the IR Ishikawa Railway (Kanazawa⇔Tsubata).
If using the Ainokaze Liner rapid service on the Ainokaze Toyama Railway, a separate "liner fare" is required.